We are looking to recruit a Finance Manager for a leading London housing association. The core values of this organisation surround their aim to provide affordable homes to Londoners and they aspire to be the leading housing association in London. They are motivated by the positive impact that they believe providing high quality housing and managing good communities can bring about. Our client recognises the importance of creating a supportive and engaging environment for their staff and this is an integral part of the organisation’s fundamental principles.
About the Role:
Your key responsibility will be ensuring that daily, monthly and cyclical objectives and deadlines of the organisation are met. This will include producing detailed budgets and financial forecasts. It is vital that you are able to effectively communicate financial information, enabling the relevant stakeholders to make tactical decisions based on your financial information. Alongside providing internal information, you will be involved in assessing the financial position of certain areas of the organisation and provide financial statements for external financial reports. You would also be part of the finance team supporting and overseeing existing financial activities, such as maintaining ledgers and ensuring information is inputted promptly and accurately.
About the Person:
As a finalist or fully qualified accountant, you will:
- Have experience preparing and presenting budgets within a large, complex organisation in any sector
- Be able to take the lead on budgeting & financial planning, liaising with all levels of stakeholders
- Have some exposure to statutory account preparation
- Preferably have previous exposure managing staff in a financial setting
- Be ambitious and driven to meet deadlines and achieve objectives to the highest standards
- Be Confident in presenting financial information and influencing non-financial stakeholders within the organisation
- Take an innovative approach and show initiative in tackling tasks