University College London (UCL) is recruiting a Management Accountant on a 9 month interim contract. The post sits within the central finance team reporting in to the Finance Director and is an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to really test themselves in a progressive, fast paced and commercially aware organisation that is at the forefront of the Education sector.
We are looking for a creative thinker to use their own initiative and challenge existing processes, designing and implementing their own improvements to the Finance Reporting function of this dynamic institution.
As such, key responsibilities include:
- Managing a portfolio of directorates, you’ll hold sole responsibility for the liaison with budget holders, business partnering and advising non-finance senior personnel
- Continually look at ways of improving management information reports, helping to implement a business partnering approach and using your initiative to improve the financial information non-finance Directors receive
- Monitoring, budgeting and forecasting monthly management accounts as well as quarterly reforecasts
- Providing detailed analysis of departmental spend, challenging where appropriate and using effective communication skills that promotes financial integrity across the organisation
- Being the first point of contact for queries from across the business
- Potential for line management responsibility for a part qualified Management Accountant
- Ad hoc analysis on a project basis-to-project basis
Key person specification:
- Fully qualified CCAB accountant
- Experience within the Universities sector would be advantageous
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong communicator
- Recent experience in a Management Accounting role
If you think you thrive in roles where you get to liaise with and influence senior decision-makers within a commercial environment, then please apply today.