My client is a highly regarded Central London NHS Foundation Trust. In line with the rest of the NHS they are going through significant changes and require additional HR support to help them through this period.
They require a Senior HR Advisor for a 3-6month period. The role requires the successful candidate to act as the focal point for managers on all operational HR issues, particularly employee relations matters.
The role includes:
- Providing detailed advice and guidance to managers on the interpretation of Trust policies and procedures and employment legislation
- Advise on all employee relations cases, ie. Disciplinary, grievance, Capability and Absence up to and including appeal level
- Supporting managers in providing assistance at final stage formal hearings/meetings
- Supporting the implementation of change management programmes and the launch of such programmes with the directorate manager in coordination with the appropriate Business Partner
- To support the development and training of managers in key HR matters such as absence management, by delivering shared learning events and day training courses in conjunction with Learning and Development. To ensure that the training material remains up to date and fit for purpose
- To use a coaching style to ensure managers take responsibility for and are supported in the HR management aspects of their roles
Essential criteria in order to be able to demonstrate a track record of delivery in the role requirements, as listed above
- NHS experience
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously, as well as with the other members of the HR function and key stakeholders
- A pro-active and positive attitude to work