Our client is a recognised charitable organisation that runs with the assistance of volunteers throughout the UK. They are currently looking for an ambitious finance professional to join their head-office finance team and assist with a broad range of accounting duties.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career and develop their understanding of the charity sector alongside the accountancy functions involved.
- Book keeping to include; sales ledger maintenance, purchase ledger maintenance, petty cash control, HMRC payments and bank reconciliation
- Day to day running of the financial systems, including leading on invoicing systems
- Running the weekly and monthly payroll for all staff using SAGE
- Administering pension contributions, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans and other associated staff payments
- Maintaining the accounts and budgetary system
- Working with the Head of Internal Services and Chief Executive as required in the preparation of management accounts
- Proposing amendments to systems and processes that will help us to continuously improve their financial administration
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience of finance within a voluntary organisation
- Experience of payroll management
- Purchase and sales ledger experience
- Bank reconciliation experience
- A general understanding of management accounts