Health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. We set the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve health and care.
Our mission is good health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations. Our vision is that everyone has greater control of their health and their wellbeing, supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving. Our purpose is to create the culture and conditions for health and care services and staff to deliver the highest standard of care and ensure that valuable public resources are used effectively to get the best outcomes for individuals, communities and society for now and for future generations. Our values are enshrined in the NHS Constitution underpin all that we do:
- Respect to the quality of care
- Improving lives
- Working together for patients
- Everyone counts
NHS England is creating a new Commercial and Procurement department with the aims of ensuring the non-clinical procurement function and processes within the organisation are fit for purpose; and for developing and implementing effective strategies and operational policies for promoting innovation in procurement in an organisation that shares out more than £100 billion in funds across England. Innovation is critical to enabling NHS England to achieve the ambitions set out in its mandate, to ramp up the pace and scale of change, and deliver better outcomes for patients in England.
Reporting into the Senior Procurement Manager, you will work as part of a dynamic commercial team delivering an effective Category led end to end Procurement service for all Corporate Spend across the organisation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to the Senior Procurement Manager in identifying with the Business Partnering team an agreed savings programme for in scope categories across the organisation and to deliver a defined part of the programme;
- Managing all procurement activity for one or more categories on behalf of the entire organisation to drive maximum sustainable benefit and efficiencies as well as ensuring that all projects within the procurement manager’s area are handed over to the Contract Management team at the end of the award team;
- Building and developing a reputation for the Commercial function as the Centre of excellence for Procurement activity by identifying and delivering against an agreed savings programme.
- Employing a robust set of tools, processes and innovative solutions across the commercial lifecycle that drive value for money from every commercial decision;
- Building relationships with key stakeholders across the NHS landscape and ensuring that all Procurement activities are conducted in a professional manner following EU guidelines to minimise the risk of any supplier challenge and that all relevant procurement templates are used to ensure a professional and consistent approach the team;
To succeed, you will be MCIPS qualified with excellent knowledge of public sector procurement (ideally in Health). You will be a strong negotiator and have experience of best in class commercial principles, processes and practices including robust and thorough category management deployment. For all roles, candidates must have strong stakeholder engagement skills and be tenacious and excited by the scale of transformation to which you and your team will contribute.
Due to the scale of campaign, this is an ongoing process. However, we encourage applications to be made as quickly as possible. Further information can be found at http://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/nhsengland. For an informal conversation regarding the campaign or any positions, please contact Vicky Power or Mairead Cremins on 020 3031 9628. Applications must be made in the form of a cover letter of no more than 2 sides, and a CV; and should be sent to email@example.com. Please include remuneration details.
NHS England values and respects the diversity of its employees, and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including an invitation to the first stage of the selection process and consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.