Health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. We set the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve health and care.
Our mission is good health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations. Our vision is that everyone has greater control of their health and their wellbeing, supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving. Our purpose is to create the culture and conditions for health and care services and staff to deliver the highest standard of care and ensure that valuable public resources are used effectively to get the best outcomes for individuals, communities and society for now and for future generations. Our values are enshrined in the NHS Constitution underpin all that we do:
- Respect to the quality of care
- Improving lives
- Working together for patients
- Everyone counts.
NHS England is creating a new Commercial and Procurement department with the aims of ensuring the non-clinical procurement function and processes within the organisation are fit for purpose; and for developing and implementing effective strategies and operational policies for promoting innovation in procurement in an organisation that shares out more than £100 billion in funds across England. Innovation is critical to enabling NHS England to achieve the ambitions set out in its mandate, to ramp up the pace and scale of change, and deliver better outcomes for patients in England.
As Systems and Data Lead, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic Commercial team providing an effective service across the entire NHSE organisation to ensure compliance across all stages of procurement.
The post holder will be responsible for:-
- Supporting the Programmes, Systems and Data Lead to be recognised as a centre of excellence to support Directorates in the provision of Governance and Assurance advice and processes
- Providing ongoing support to the Programmes, Systems and Data Lead to ensure financial stability by driving compliance, strengthening controls and improving Governance
- Leading and motivating a team to develop and deliver excellent planning and analysis tools and information processes and procedures within the wider organisation
- Developing robust analysis and planning information to support the Commercial team
- Developing and delivering strategy, promoting innovation and supporting operational excellence through working with complex data, facts and situations requiring analysis, interpretations and comparisons on a range of options
To succeed, you will have good knowledge of leading practice planning and analysis principles and processes including robust and thorough implementation. You will have a proven knowledge of sustainable procurement, covering all areas of sustainability. You will have a proven experience of defining, implementing and developing planning and analysis systems, tools, principles and processes within a strategic procurement function.
For an informal conversation regarding the campaign or any positions, please contact Vicky Power or Mairead Cremins on 020 3031 9628. Applications must be made in the form of a cover letter of no more than 2 sides, and a CV; and should be sent to email@example.com by Sunday, 15th January. Please include remuneration details.
NHS England values and respects the diversity of its employees, and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including an invitation to the first stage of the selection process and consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.