Imperial College, one of the most respected and diverse education providers in the UK, with a historic legacy of world-class reputation of excellence, is seeking a new Head of Income to lead and manage the order-to-cash process for all College income, which is valued at £968 million including academic fees and support grants, research grants and contracts, other income, and £154m of income from funding council grants.
The post holder will manage and protect all of the College’s income so that our funders including Government departments and agencies, Research Councils, National Health Service Trusts, Charities, and Corporate clients provide funding in accordance with their legal and contractual obligations so that our Faculties and departments are able to deliver their strategic plans and objectives to meet the academic mission of the College.
The post holder will be a key member of the Finance senior leadership team and is primarily responsible for ensuring that our income is protected and collected in the most efficient and effective manner possible whilst ensuring that adequate resources are in place to maintain and foster strong and sustainable business relationships with our funders, clients and extensive student community.
You will report to the Director of Financial Services and Procurement but work closely with a range of senior stakeholders including Finance, Faculties, and Departments, so the successful applicant will need to have a consultative approach, with strong communication, negotiation, influencing, and analytical skills. The duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing College-wide order-to-cash activities to an excellent standard by applying leading practice around process, organisation, technology and design
- Lead on the delivery of a new income strategy to maximise and protect all existing and potential income streams to enable the College to deliver its strategic aims and objectives and meet its mission
- Provide oversight and resources to ensure world-class service delivery of all income activities across the College
- Lead, manage and motivate the student fees, accounts receivable and credit control teams so that a world-class billing, collection and debt management service is provided
- Establish and manage quality standards for the income service and processes across all operations to ensure seamless and sustainable delivery of services
- Provide relevant income expertise advice and guidance for the Finance leadership team
- Lead the adoption of world-class processes and digital technologies for income so that we deliver excellent services to all of our students, staff and clients
- Will have a good degree in a relevant discipline and/or is a qualified accountant
- Holds a Level 5 Diploma MCICM (Grad) from the Institute of Credit Management and is a full member of the Institute
- Seasoned senior leader with extensive and significant experience of leading and developing a world-class income function with a proven track record of working in a complex environment
- Extensive and significant highly developed specialist billing and collection experience within a similar size organisation (Essential)
- Proven track record of operational management with a focus on service excellence and service delivery.
For information, please contact Michael Quest on 0203 031 9638 and to apply please email your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 12th March.
- Application deadline: 12th March
- Shortlisting: 20th March
- Interviews: week commencing 20th March
Committed to equality and valuing diversity. We are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Two Ticks Employer and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.