Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust are looking for a talented Qualified Accountant or a candidate actively studying for a CCAB or CIMA qualification with experience of working in a finance department, to join their Financial Management and Planning Team.
Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust was founded in 1994, providing a wide range of health and social care services in south east London, specialising in community health, mental health and learning disability services. The Trust has been the main provider of specialist mental health care in Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich for more than ten years and has developed a comprehensive portfolio of services in community and hospital settings, as well as providing specialist forensic mental health care across south east London and in Kent Prisons. Oxleas became one of the first NHS Foundation Trusts in 2004 and is in the Health Service Journal top ten places to work in the NHS and the King’s Fund named Oxleas as the best organisation in the NHS for staff engagement.
The role requires an individual who has extensive experience of financial and data analysis, management reporting, business case coordination and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for:-
- Supporting service areas by providing financial and non-financial analyses;
- Providing detailed reporting and planning support;
- Understanding service issues; and
- Utilising reports to support service delivery and performance measures.
The role will include:-
- Proactive management, liaison and point of contact within Finance for specific areas of responsibility
- Deliver accurate and timely Management information, taking ownership for outputs
- Support the preparation of commercial bids and contracts;
- Preparation of annual plans and longer term strategic plans;
- Undertaking adhoc and project work as they arise; and
- Provide input and support process improvements.
You should possess specialist knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs and have an intermediate knowledge of Excel/PowerPoint/Word.
You should be self-motivated and take full ownership for your role demonstrating a professional manner. The post holder must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to develop relationships at all levels. The post holder will be expected to travel between sites to support the services.
Advert close: 9th April
Shortlisting: wc 17th April
Interviews: wc 24th April
*Inclusive of London weighting