Based in the heart of London, King's College London is one of the top 25 universities in the world and the fourth oldest university in England. King’s provides world-class teaching and cutting-edge research.
King's College London offers an intellectually stimulating environment in which to work, where staff are dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and learning, in the service of society. King’s is a multi-faculty institution, providing high-quality teaching, research and innovation across the sciences, humanities, medicine, law, dentistry, and social sciences.
King’s is looking for a high calibre Management Accountant - Reporting to provide quality financial support at a corporate level and to central services.
The post sits within the Corporate & Central Services Management Accounts team, reporting to the Corporate Reporting Accountant.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of corporate reporting and performance management information and designing models and tools to enhance financial reporting quality;
- Assisting in the consolidation and production of monthly management accounts, finance packs, budgets and long term planning;
- Supporting the Assistant Director in finance-wide growth and development projects; leading on the development of reporting methods and presentation of long term financial plans;
- Engaging in the corporate MI agenda
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years experience gained in the Charity, Commercial or wider Public sectors and have completed CCAB first stage, AAT, or hold equivalent exemptions from a relevant course. You will be a lateral thinker with an inquisitive and enthusiastic approach. You will have strong data management skills and a keen interest in developing MI using IT. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, willing to challenge, who can work on their own initiative and thrives when thinking and acting proactively. Enthusiasm for the sector is a must.
A study package is offered to Finance staff wishing to study for a relevant qualification with a recognised accountancy body. This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre finance professional and will provide an excellent platform for your career.
- Application closes: Sunday 19th February
- Shortlisting: Thursday 2nd March
- Interviews: w/c 6th March
For more information please contact Bryony Feeney on 0203 542 8393; there is an informative link we can share. To apply please send you cv and a cover letter to: KCL@allenlane.co.uk before the deadline.