Moorfields Eye Charity (MEC) raises funds above those normally provided by the NHS to support the pioneering work of Moorfields Eye Hospital and its academic research partner, University College London’s Institute of Ophthalmology, ensuring they continue to provide the highest quality of care for patients and are at the forefront of international research. The Charity will also be a partner and major funder of the project to replace the ageing hospital building with a new state of the art facility.
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the oldest and one of the largest centres for ophthalmic treatment, teaching and research in the world. Each year the Trust handles over 561,000 outpatient attendances, over 103,000 A&E patients and carries out more than 33,000 ophthalmic operations. Because of the expertise of its clinical staff and the cutting-edge research, more patients come to Moorfields Eye Hospital than to any other eye hospital or clinic in the UK.
It is an exciting time to be part of Moorfields Eye Charity, they have appointed their first permanent Chief Executive and are in the process of developing their first strategy to maximise the ways in which they champion and support the Hospital’s vision and strategy. They are looking to appoint a high calibre Head of Finance & Resources to work alongside the existing Heads of Research & Grants Management and of Fundraising, as the Charity’s senior management team, developing new programmes and maximising the operational effectiveness of the Charity. The Head of Finance & Resources will play a key role in MEC’s financial strategy and risk management for the new building.
Other key responsibilities of the role will include;
- Preparing financial KPIs that help to inform and support decision making
- Ensuring MEC’s compliance with data protection rules and regulations
- Managing the Service Level Agreements with Moorfields Eye Hospital relating to Estates, HR, IT and Finance to support MEC and staff team of c20 people
- Working with the Fundraising team and others on enhancement and integration of Harlequin CRM and PS Financials systems
- Liaising with Investment Managers (c£30m under long-term investment)
- Preparing papers and information for MEC’s Audit & Risk Committee and Investment Committee and, supporting their Chairs.
To be suitable you will need to be an ambitious and proactive qualified accountant with experience of leading finance teams, ideally in the charity sector or have knowledge of the sector as a trustee. Knowledge and exposure of strategic and operational planning is essential, as is involvement with managing non finance areas. An understanding of investments will be beneficial. The successful candidate will be comfortable alternating between strategic and operational aspects of finance.
To apply for the role please send through a copy of your CV alongside a supported statement to MEC@allenlane.co.uk . The supported statement should be no more then two pages and should highlight why you are interested in the appointment and what you will bring to the post.
- The closing date for applications - 10am 18th April
- First round interviews – Wednesday 26th April (pm)
- Final interviews - Tuesday 2nd May (am)