As the world’s leading Museum of art and design, the V&A aims to enrich people’s lives by promoting the practice of design and increasing knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of the designed world. Alongside a £50m capital project and an ambitious development programme (FuturePlan), the V&A is focusing on increasing commercial revenue and embedding a closer working relationship to partner with the non-finance community more closely.
Reporting into the Financial Reporting Manager, this is a key position responsible for supporting the smooth running of the financial accounting function of the organisation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts for the organisation and its subsidiaries; ensuring compliance with relevant legislation;
- Ensuring that finance systems, processes and controls are operating efficiently and effectively;
- Liaising with Gilbert Trust Curator and relevant Finance Business Partner to ensure grants are accounted for appropriately and assist with budget management;
- Preparing corporation tax information for the Museum and all associated entities, including Museums and Galleries tax relief claim; working with relevant Finance Business Partners to understand budgetary impact of the Museums and Galleries tax relief;
- Preparing the monthly payroll journal for all relevant entities.
The successful candidate will be a Part-Qualified or Fully Qualified finance professional (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) from the Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector/. You will have an autonomous and proactive approach with specialist technical accounting skills and experience in the completion of statutory accounts. Enthusiasm for the sector is a must.
For more details on how to apply please contact Bryony Feeney following the link.