Complaints Policy & Procedure
Allen Lane is committed to providing a high level service to our customers. If you do not receive satisfaction from us we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
All complaints and service issues will be thoroughly investigated, documented and managed by the Compliance Team.
We accept complaints in writing, by email or by phone:
If you have a complaint, please contact Tessa Addison by phone on 020 3031 9623 in the first instance so that we can try to resolve your complaint informally.
At this stage, if you are not satisfied please contact our CEO Maurice Goldstone directly on 020 3031 9630 / 07540 637 275, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to him at:
33 King Street,
- We will send you an email acknowledging your complaint as quickly as possible but no later than 2 business days of receiving your complaint, asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint (if it is not Maurice Goldstone).
- We will record your complaint in our central register within 24 hours of having received it.
- We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgment letter and confirm what will happen next including the commencement or continuation of our investigation. You can expect to receive this email within 2 business days of your reply.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
- We will contact all individuals involved and where appropriate conduct interviews/meetings within 48 working hours unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- We may ask the member of staff who dealt with you to reply to your complaint within 2 working days of our request before examining the member of staff’s reply and the information you have provided for us. If necessary we may ask you to speak to them.
- Maurice Goldstone will then invite you to meet him (in person or remotely) to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 2 days of the end of our investigation.
- Within 2 days of the meeting, Maurice Goldstone will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Maurice Goldstone will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include his suggestions for resolving the matter. He will do this within 3 days of completing his investigation.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again, another Director of the company will review the decision made after 10 days.
- We will let you know of the outcome of this review within 5 days of the end of the review. We will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Employment Agencies Standards Inspectorate at the Department for Business Innovation and Skills or the REC, the industry trade association, of which we are a member by writing to the Consultancy and Compliance Team, REC, Dorset House, 1st Floor, 27 – 45 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NT.
If we have to change any of the time scales above, we will let you know and explain why.
NOTE: In any event, we will comply with any statutory procedures that may relate to your complaint.