Interim Contracts and Grants Manager (DA Duty)
Sector: Local Government
Location: Hybrid working
Date posted: 05/04/2022
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £375 - £400 per day
A public sector body is currently looking to recruit an Interim Contract and Grants Manager with particular focus around Domestic Abuse.
As the Interim Contracts and Grants Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring effective management of contracts in order to meet the priorities set within the London Domestic Abuse Safe Accommodation Strategy.
Ensure providers are held to account with a focus on continuous improvement, innovation and achieving value for money.
Responsible for timely execution of contracts and grants related to the delivery of the London Domestic Abuse Safe Accommodation Strategy.
- Work with commissioners to translate specifications for services related to delivery of the Domestic Abuse Safe Accommodation Strategy into contract and grant terms.
- Work with commissioners to advise on and enact variations to contracts and grants.
- Manage a team of Contract and Performance Officers to ensure the effective delivery of contracts, taking responsibility for the management of high-value contracts, and ensuring a focus on value for money, contractual compliance and good outcomes across all contracts.
- Advise and be involved in all stages of contract management including negotiations and finalising contracts, contractual effectiveness and relationship building. Ensure significant risks are escalated appropriately to line manager.
- Build effective working relationships with providers, promoting accountability, risk management and continuous improvement. Where possible innovation should be encouraged.
- Ensure processes are in place for regular contractual meetings to review performance and resolve any disputes. Ensure maintenance of accurate records and actions accordingly.
- Work closely with finance ensuring spending is regularly reviewed and services are delivered within the prescribed financial envelope, thus managing associated risks.
- Contribute to the development of new processes and procedures to ensure the effective delivery of contracts across the Directorate.
- Deliver and review a quality assurance process which ensures contractors maintain high standards.
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience of contracts and grants within a service delivery environment.
- A proven track record of managing the successful delivery of contracts ensuring a focus on value for money, contractual compliance and delivering good outcomes.
- Exceptional ability to communicate, build relationships, influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders, and other technical professionals.
- Committed to quality outcomes and value for money for commissioned and operational services.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and deliver priorities at pace.
- Managing a quality service – define and integrate clear structures, policies, systems and resources to promote efficient service delivery.