Interim Capital Programme Management Officer
Sector: Local Government
Location: Hybrid working*
Date posted: 06/04/2022
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £350 per day
Interim Capital Programme Management Officer 6 months Local Gov London Hybrid – 1 day a week in the office £350 per day.
A Local Authority currently have an urgent for an Interim Capital Programme Management Officer to support and work with the programme/project managers on delivering the capital programme.
- To take primary responsibility for the key processes that underpin the successful delivery of the council’s multi-year capital programme. Including the governance, management, monitoring and identification of risks across the capital
- To create and promote continuous improvement and effective delivery of the capital programme and actively promote the integration of functions within the capital and sub-boards with the wider finance
- The CPMO will be required to maintain central project records and co-ordinate the production of regular reports on projects, spend to date, project changes, programme risks and update forward
- The CPMO is also a key advisor across all project portfolios within the capital programme and supporting the effective communication and integration between project teams, stakeholders and the various sub-boards.
- Provide effective management of the council’s capital programme, including
- The production of reporting materials, co-ordination of papers and forward
- Ensure that all guidance documents and templates remain fit for purpose and up to
- Co-ordinate risk and issue management, develop the programme risk and issue register and track/identify the RAG status on project progress
- In conjunction with Project/Programme Managers monitor and report on programme-wide expenditure, funding, financial and non-financial
- Work with programme managers to identify programme challenges and translate these into remedial
- To develop and maintain effective project management tools/practices that are promoted across all work streams. To lead on the maintanence, administration and implementation of software to ensure the breadth of the capital programme is captured and reported. Develop new reports as and when
- Work collaboratively with programme/project managers in the development of inter-disciplinary programmes within the capital portfolio, from inception through to delivery.
- Advise and support the identification, development and delivery, as well as the development of governance arrangements with service areas.
- To support the capital team in the production of clear and plausible business plans.
- The management of scrutiny arrangements for a multi-year capital investment programme.
- The maintenance of a risk and contract database as
- To collate, analyse and present audit information and/or findings to the various sub boards and the capital programme board and develop solutions to address
- Monitor capital programme delivery, project changes, risks and implementation of recovery plans ensuring continuous challenge when required.
- Identify and report potential performance challenges, related causes and any wider implications at an early stage and work with services to address them.
You will have previous experience as project support officer supporting projects, including managing programmes and project management processes including risk and change management
Presenting complex information to a range of key stakeholders to ensure understanding and secure buy-in and engagement.
*1 day a week in the office