Lead Network and Cyber Engineer
Sector: Local Government
Location: West Midlands
Date posted: 11/04/2022
Salary: Up to £61,591 per annum
Allen Lane is supporting a Local Authority located in the West Country in their search for a permanent Lead Network and Cyber Engineer. This role offers excellent flexibility on location, with minimal time spent in the office.
As Lead Network and Cyber Engineer, you will play a key role in designing and leading on the council-wide security and network infrastructure. The cyber security of the council has a major impact on the ability for staff to carry out their jobs, as well as for the residents in the borough who use a range of services. This role has significant responsibility for the organisation’s security, integrity and resilience, as such you should already have deep knowledge and understanding of security and network design.
Using a detailed knowledge and experience of modern technology security practice and design, you will support the whole council to deliver technology services which are secure but maintain the high levels of usability.
As the spokesperson for cyber security within the council, you will articulate the value of security across the council, engaging with stakeholders at all levels to ensure a robust and collective approach.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in designing and implementing secure networks and way of working
- Experience of preventing, investigating and resolving cyber incidents and threats
- Qualification in cyber security such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience of managing staff to deliver technical/security objectives to time and budget
In addition to demonstrating significant experience in the cyber security field, you will be a strong communicator (written and verbal) and comfortable operating in a leadership capacity overseeing two direct reports. You will be adept at presenting complex technical ideas in simple terms that can easily be understood by non-technical staff.
The following essential criteria are required from applicants:
- Educated to degree level equivalent or substantial equivalent experience in IT
- Evidence of continuous professional development (ITIL / COMP TIA / MCSE)
- Substantial experience in a professional ICT position including VMWare, switching, firewalls, hardware, software and network design
- Experience of developing and delivering strategies and policies
- Experience in understanding and balancing client, organisational and technical needs.
- Experience of running procurement projects
- Experience of team leadership or line management
- Experience of installation and support of servers and thin clients in a virtualised environment.
- Experience with backup and disaster recovery solutions
If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a supporting statement detailing your experience/skills against the essential criteria.
For a discreet and informal conversation regarding the vacancy, please contact Allen Lane.