Finance Change Adviser
Sector: Local Government
Location: Remote working
Date posted: 14/04/2022
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £500 - £565 per day
Reporting to the Lead Change Adviser, this is a high profile and critical role involved in supporting a range of projects and initiatives from a financial perspective across the authority.
The successful candidate will:
- Support and work alongside project managers on large scale capital, property development projects and other projects to ensure best financial consideration for the Council while delivering a wide range of financial and non-financial benefits
- Support or lead the development of new initiatives to ensure costs and benefits are fully evaluated.
- Produce, implement and evaluate new and challenging situations and provide workable solutions.
- Compile and present complex financial reports.
- Provide managers and partner organisations with independent analysis and interpretation of financial and performance material.
- Identify and assess strategic and financial risks
- Provide strategic financial support to assistant directors
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified CCAB accountant.
- Excellent influencing skills, able to communicate effectively complex financial issues, excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft office applications
- Ability to interpret financial aspects of legislation and policy changes, translate policy into practice, creative thinker,adaptable and flexible in undertaking work activities
- Ability and experience in providing financial advice and able to take personal responsibility for managing own workload
- Understanding of local government finance
- Experience of working on organisational change projects