Deputy Financial Controller
Sector: Local Government
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 26/04/2022
Duration: 12 - 18 Months FTC
Salary: £61,017 per annum
Allen Lane is delighted to again partner with the London Legacy Development Corporation, this time in the recruitment of their Deputy Financial Controller on an interim basis.
Formed in 2012, the LLDC exists to use the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of London hosting the 2012 games, and the creation of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, to develop a new cultural heart for east London.
Reporting in to the Financial Controller and for a period of 12 to 18 months, you will provide cover for the current postholder in managing financial services and control team.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Leadership of the financial services and controls team, including accounts payable and receivable staff and a newly recruited finance apprentice.
- Management of month end processes including journal adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations and the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Full oversight of tax, including VAT returns, in delivering expert tax advice in particular around exemptions.
- Oversight of the audit process and acting as the point of contact for all audit queries.
- Supporting the Finance Business Partners in providing high quality financial analysis.
- Overseeing the financial operations of multiple subsidiaries.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in the production of annual financial statements.
Key aspects of the person specification include:
- Being a fully qualified CCAB accountant.
- Demonstrable ability in managing and motivating a transactional services team.
- Prior experience in overseeing tax with practical experience of the VAT implications of being a not-for-profit organisation.
- Prior experience in contributing to the preparation of annual statutory accounts.
This is a great role at a great organisation. You will find a strong, collaborative culture and work within a knowledgeable, happy team.
Please note that Allen Lane have been retained on an exclusive basis in delivering this recruitment. With applications being reviewed on an ongoing basis and prior to closing date immediate application is recommended.