Deputy Director of Finance
Date posted: 27/04/2022
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £500 per day
Allen Lane are currently assisting a London based Research Institute with the recruitment of an Interim Deputy Director of Finance on a 6 month temporary basis. Reporting to the Director of Finance and managing a team of 3 managers directly this role will be responsible for leading the operational aspects of financial planning and analysis, financial accounting and research finance. The role will include but by no means be limited to:
- Lead on the production of the statutory annual accounts, subsidiary financial statements, and the annual external audit.
- To coordinate the production of regulatory financial returns.
- Produce a monthly balance sheet report
- Lead on the provision of management information and Business information to support effective decision making across the organisation
- Responsible for overseeing production of monthly and quarterly reporting packs for the Institute’s formal committees
- Lead the Institute’s planning process to produce the Strategic Plan and associated annual plans
- Run the Finance elements of strategic and business improvement projects and initiatives.
- Oversee the finance business partnering service to budget holders and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with tax requirements, including VAT returns, gift aid, P11Ds and taxation implications for fundraising activities.
- Oversee the provision of a high-quality grant management service to research teams.
- Significant experience of supervising a team of accounting staff within a complex organisation.
- Significant experience of management accounting and business partnering.
- Significant experience and knowledge of tax and payroll matters.
- Experience of process improvement and implementation/maintenance of internal financial controls
- Experience of accounting in the charity or higher education sectors
This role will close at the end of this week so if you are looking for your next interim role and want to join one of the country’s leading organisations in its field then please apply ASAP. This role will allow for hybrid working with two days expected on site in London per week