Interim Project Manager
Sector: Local Government
Location: South West
Date posted: 03/05/2022
Duration: 8 months +
Salary: £500 per day
A Local Authority in the South West currently have an urgent need for an Interim Project Manager to lead on the following project – Maximising Income Recovery for Temporary Accommodation Including Specialised Housing Services, and development of Affordable Move-on Accommodation
The biggest area of expenditure is social care services, and demand for and costs of care services have increased. They have identified proposals for re-modelling existing frameworks, and developing new frameworks to address and reduce some of these costs. The area of focus for this project is the provision of housing services.
The Local Authority has identified the need to find more appropriate ways to structure the way it procures, operates and delivers in the following areas:
- Homelessness Services and Emergency Accommodation
- Move-on accommodation options
- Adult Social Care and Supported Living
The successful Project Manager will be able to work across these complex service delivery areas to agree and implement new ways of delivering better outcomes in ways that facilitate lower cost to the public purse.
They are looking for some professional project management support to work with our internal teams to plan and deliver this work.
The internal teams have strong subject matter expertise that will provide a strong foundation for the work.
We need the successful candidate’s professional and technical project management experience to complement and build on this to provide further confidence in delivery
- Establishing themselves quickly and credibly with team members and senior stakeholders
- Understanding the service’s priorities and the context that is driving these.
- Gaining an understanding of the council’s current project management best practise, standards, processes and tools so that they can quickly begin to apply these effectively in their work
- Supporting planning of individual initiatives and building a view of all of the initiatives in relation to each other, enabling an understanding of dependencies, risk, resource needs and costs.
- Identifying and securing commitments from supporting teams such as HR and Finance
- Production of an outline business case to gain approval and establish funding for the full range of planned activity
- Setting up appropriate governance to monitor progress and facilitate decision-making
- Establishing a proportionate, effective means of providing a view of progress against plan at an individual initiative level and a combined, overall view using the council’s current project reporting process
This role will be predominately remote working with occasional meeting on site at the clients office