Senior Service Design & Transition Analyst
Date posted: 03/05/2022
Salary: £47,154 - £52,936 per annum
Allen Lane is delighted to be working with Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust in their search for two Band 7 Senior Service Design & Transition Analysts, who will be tasked to support the shaping of the Service Design, and facilitate the Transition of services into BAU in a controlled manner acting as the interface between projects and Service Support to ensure new or changed services operate effectively and are fully supportable post go-live.
The Senior Service Design & Transition Analysts act as the single points of contact for new or changed services and co-ordinates the Service Management activity to ensure a smooth and successful transition into BAU.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- The candidate will be responsible for understanding the support costs (and challenging them where appropriate to ensure value for money) and once agreed, communicating the final cost model for the ongoing support of the service
- Ensure that throughout the Design and Transition phase all support teams have a clear understanding of the support requirements and the future support requirements needed to manage the service. It is essential that the Senior Service Design & Transition analyst is able to articulate the plans for the road map for the service to allow teams input into planning for the future
- Prepare ongoing release plans for the service and ensure there is a clear understanding of the costs associated with this and how it will be funded
- Manage the delivery of the agreed Service Transition Acceptance Criteria and Readiness activities
- Oversee all Transition activity to ensure the deliverables for each stage in the process have been delivered to facilitate a smooth transition into Operations
- Prepare and negotiate with all involved parties, detailed project plans and milestones that identify the tasks to be completed, the responsibility for the task, the timing of the task, all associated dependencies to ensure that a critical path to delivery is established
- Negotiate the Warranty Period with Project/Programme Managers prior to handover to Operations
- Assist the department with improving the Trust’s delivery of services to the project community
The successful candidate is expected to have the following skillsets/experience:
- ITIL Foundation certification, ideally including the ITIL Service Lifecycle – Service Transition module
- Proven experience of undertaking Service Design & Transition and working within a Service Management environment
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent planning & scheduling skills
- Experience of structure Project Management methodologies (PRINCE2)
- Experience of working in large complex IT environment
If this role is of interest, you believe it is a good match to your skillsets, and you’d like to learn more, please get in touch with Joe Tyrrell at Allen Lane with an up to date version of your CV. The client is looking to interview as soon as possible.