Finance Business Partner
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 12/05/2022
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £500 - £550 per day
Allen Lane are delighted to be working with a London based Blue Light Service to recruit a Finance Business Partner on a 6 month interim basis. Reporting to the Head of Finance Business Partnering this role will be responsible for providing financial advice to enable the maximisation of resources and the successful delivery of value for money services.
- Provide day-to-day financial advice to budget holders and senior management and prepare reports including the monthly financial position
- Work with allocated services to understand key cost drivers, improving processes to provide useful analysis, and commercial and financial insights to support decision making
- Work closely with service managers and management teams to enable them to meet their objectives, financial targets and support ongoing improvement including financial planning, forecasting and budgeting processes and their contribution to the Medium Term Financial Plan
- Oversee the financial monitoring processes for allocated services to ensure accurate forecasting
- Oversee the year end process, ensure compliance with appropriate accounting standards and treatments
- Support budget holders in service development proposals so that plans and strategies are supported by robust financial input and are accurate, affordable and provide value for money
- Co-ordinate the completion and return of grant claims, grant returns and a range of statistical returns
- CCAB qualfiied Accountant with previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience to include at least one full annual financial cycle.
Due to the urgent nature of this piece of recruitment only candidates who have current managed vetting security clearance can be considered for this role. Please do get in touch ASAP if you are interested and meet the above mentioned criteria.