Development Manager – Business Systems
Location: Bristol or London
Date posted: 20/05/2022
Salary: Up to £47,000 per annum
Are you a system developer looking for your next career step but are keen to be apart of something meaningful?
Do you enjoy technical systems development work but feel you are ready to take on a leadership position which allows you to still remain hands on?
When a child is diagnosed with cancer it threatens everything, for them and their family. We are working with the charity that helps children and young people and their families find the strength to face whatever cancer throws at them. We are delighted to be supporting Young Lives Vs Cancer on the recruitment of a Business Systems Development Manager who will play a key role as they embark on further technology transformation to replace legacy systems, enhance their digital offerings and ensure that they make the best use of their data and insight to drive decision making throughout the organisation.
Technology plays a crucial role in supporting the charity to expand their reach and service delivery, raise funds in new and innovative ways and enable their workforce to be as efficient and effective as possible, making this a highly fulfilling role to make a genuine positive impact.
As the Business Systems Development Manager you will take responsibility for day to day management of our Business Systems development team and the ongoing development, maintenance and support of our core Business Systems to ensure that they are secure, reliable, compliant and continue to meet organisation needs.
This is a hybrid team management and senior technical development role. The post holder will provide technical leadership on projects and to the team, as well as undertaking a senior developer role on certain systems and projects.
- Experience of business systems management and critical issues management in a multi-user environment (such as CRM, finance, HR systems etc.)
- Experience of people management and excellent resource allocation and work prioritisation skills, or experience of leading a project and demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to understand user / business needs and translate into technical requirements
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of supporting system upgrade and new system implementation projects
- Experienced developer with excellent knowledge of SQL and good knowledge of SharePoint and Office 365 applications. Experience of Dynamics 365, Power BI, Power Apps desirable
WHAT THEY OFFER
- As well as an incredibly rewarding role, Young Lives Vs Cancer take pride in having a very supportive working environment and a benefits package which includes:
- 27 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), and a holiday trading scheme
- flexible and hybrid office / remote working
- wellbeing support along with focused wellbeing and development days and an employee assistance programme
- development resources and opportunities
- 8% employer pension contribution (with staff contribution of 3%, or more)
- 2 times salary Death in Service benefit
- staff discount scheme for big brands, gyms etc.
- cycle to work, season ticket loan etc.
Young Lives vs Cancer is open to and in support of flexible working. We are currently defining our approach to hybrid working. Your flexibility requirements and that of the role will be discussed at interview stage with you.
At Young Lives vs Cancer, they recognise that opportunities for too many people remain a condition of their race, class, sex, disability, sexual orientation – or a combination. This has never been acceptable to them as an organisation. At Young Lives vs Cancer, they do not just accept difference — they value it, they celebrate it, they nurture it, and they thrive off it. We positively welcome your application irrespective of your background.
Young Lives Vs Cancer are on a journey, and if you join them, you will be part of a community that is committed make a difference to the lives of children and young people with cancer.
Young Lives vs Cancer is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.