Senior Delivery Manager
Sector: Central Government
Location: Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham
Date posted: 07/06/2022
Salary: £59,215 - £64,807 per annum
We are delighted to be working with Ofsted on the recruitment of two Senior Delivery Managers, focusing on the delivery of a diverse range of digital projects.
As part of the Portfolio, Projects and Improvement team, the Senior Delivery Manager will be responsible for the effective delivery of complex products or services via multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital teams. This will involve delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for the team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
The role will play a key role in supporting our digital strategy across the organisation, leading the development of a community of practice, delivering training, coaching and mentoring delivery managers.
- Lead teams using Agile and Lean practices to deliver projects and products while continually learning and tailoring new approaches and ways of working.
- Lead delivery teams in a complex environment and identify dependencies and plans across services.
- Lead the delivery management community of practice, taking part in the cross government community of practice and role model good agile practices.
- Coach and lead teams in Agile practices. Provide mentoring and support to the wider product team ensuring strong delivery building momentum.
- Create and tailor new ways of working, maximise delivery flows and identify innovative ways to unblock issues.
- Negotiate and influence budgets. Write/input into business cases, including the determing and communicating of business-value propositions.
- Take responsibility for and manage relationships with suppliers to ensure good value, including the identification of appropriate suppliers.
- Build effective relationships, communicate and mediate with stakeholders at all levels. Manage expectations and facilitate discussions about high risk and complex issues to enable delivery even within constrained timelines.
- Identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated.
- Co-ordinate multiple delivery teams, proactively keep sprints on track and actively unblock challenges that are stopping the teams’ delivery.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be delivered for services against the capacity and capability of teams.
- Matrix-manage a multidisciplinary team.
- To ensure all services and products are built to an appropriate level of quality throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Proven experience in delivering complex digital projects, services and products, balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Experience of planning in a complex environment, identifying dependencies in plans across services and identification of innovative ways to unblock issues.
- Proven experience of creating or tailoring ways of working and coaching and leading teams in Agile practises.
- Experience of leading matrix managed multi-disciplicary teams and the line management of others.
- Proven ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels, experience of mediating between people to align views to ensure discussion and decisions are agreed.
- Experience of managing complex relationships with contracted suppliers and getting good value out of contracts.
- Experience of influencing, negotiating and setting budgets in a complex environment.
This is a hybrid role with 3 days a week in the office.
The post can be based from either Bristol, Birmingham, Nottingham or Manchester. The role will require travel to other regional offices and occasional overnight stays.
Maximum salary amount includes an allowance of a Labour Market Supplement, up to £5,000 per annum. Final package salary will be dependent on skills and experience.