Sector: Local Government
Location: West Midlands
Date posted: 09/06/2022
Salary: Up to £68,000 per annum
Allen Lane are delighted to be supporting a Local Authority based in the West Midlands in their search for an Enterprise Architect or a Solutions Architect ready to take the next step in their career. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that wants to make their mark, building the Enterprise Architecture model ensuring it strategically and technically aligns with their digital transformation. Please note this role will require occasional travel to the office in the West Midlands.
As an Enterprise Architect you will:
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes making recommendations for architectural improvements
- Design the strategy for improving the current digital infrastructure, optimising business operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programmes.
- Create business architecture models to reflect strategies and goals
- Catalogue, develop, coordinate, maintain and enforce overall enterprise architecture models, representations and components to adequately perform the organisation’s business and technology activities.
- Provide business architecture and systems processing guidance.
- Create methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Determining and implementing build versus buy strategies, mentor personnel, and views of the overall business strategy.
- Generic duties as part of the Digital and Data Leadership Team, demonstrating leadership and recommending solutions
- Please note this role has no initial line management responsibility but this is likely to change in the future
Key skills required
- As an Enterprise Architect or Solutions Architect you will have:
- At least 4 years’ experience working on large scale digital transformation projects in the public or private sector
- Strong Project Management, technical and analytical skills
- A passion for Business Architecture, process management and process mapping using various tools and techniques.
- Relevant experience in all forms of Architectural principles including – Business, Security, Application and Technology.
- A focused approach to aligning business process design and integration to meet the organisations growth ambition
- Proven experience working on a consultative basis with internal stakeholders on how best to utilise emerging technologies.
- The ability to articulate solutions with all audience types, both technical and non-technical
- An understanding of ITIL principles
What you get in return
A salary of between £60,000 – £68,000 plus a range of excellent benefits