Interim Financial Controller
Sector: Public Sector Body
Date posted: 10/06/2022
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £500 - £550 per day
A non-departmental public body is looking for an Interim Financial Controller to start to cover a period while a permanent replacement is underway. They are looking for a candidate who can start ASAP and used to stepping in to organisations with little/no handover and hitting the ground running. Public sector experience is essential due to the urgent nature of this role.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of statutory and regulatory reporting for the NDPB and its subsidiary companies ensuring the highest quality with an efficient process.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with a robust system of Financial internal controls and ensure accuracy of the recording of accurate financial transactions within the systems.
- Head up the Reporting & Control team responsible for financial accounting, the annual report & accounts, invoice and award payments and the finance system
- Supporting ongoing improvement programmes
- Relationship management with internal and external auditors
- ACA/CIMA/CIPFA/ACCA professional qualified accountant
- Public Sector experience
- Experience of reporting under IFRS, Government Financial Reporting Manual (FReM) and Charity SORP
- Proven ability to adopt and apply project management principles and work within set parameters to deliver key objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Management of people experience
- NetSuite experience desireable
The role is inside IR35 and will be paying circa £500 – £550 per day via umbrella.