Date posted: 13/06/2022
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary: £500 - £600 per day
Allen Lane is delighted to be working exclusively with one of London’s leading Universities to recruit an Interim Project Accountant.
The Project Accountant role will help develop and define the financials across a major transformation programme and work with the University Directorate and Finance to design and determine the accounting structures for management and reporting across several projects.
- To work with the Directorate and Finance to evaluate, appraise, cost and analyse return on investments for a number of projects university wide.
- Project appraisal: Analysis of financial and non financial aspects including KPI’s
- Zero based budgeting, costing current and new services whilst analysing need and priorities
- Benchmarking services and standards including challenge standard practices where necessary
- Options and scenario analysis: Providing different means to achieving a goal, presenting data on options as well as evaluate financials and impact
- Systems development support: Process review, audit and analyse compliance needs across student management and financial controls such as fees, sponsors, discounts, hardship and other costs
The ideal candidate for this role will be a Finance Transformation specialist who has worked on the appraisal of high value projects in a complex environment. Experience of managing multiple projects organisation wide is essential. This role will be for 3-6 months initially but could potentially lead to a longer term role as the next phase of the transformation project continues