Director of Resources
Date posted: 17/06/2022
Salary: c. £65,000 per annum
The Forces Employment Charity was created in May 2022, combining RFEA and the Officer’s Association’s employment services. As individual organisations, we have supported the Armed Forces Community into civilian employment for over 135 years. Now, as one organisation we seek to support veterans and their families to be represented at all levels of employment. Currently, research indicates that the Armed Forces Community does not sustain its socio-economic status beyond service.
The Director of Resources role is an exciting new role which has been created following the combination between the two organisations. It is a critical role for the charity, reporting directly to the Chief Executive and forming a key part of the Senior Leadership Team. The role will be responsible for long-term planning and will provide leadership and direction to the Finance, HR and IT functions of the charity.
Key responsibilities of the Director of Resources will include;
- Represent the Resources Directorate at the Board of Trustees Meeting and Senior Leadership Teams Meetings
- Line Manage the Head of People, Head of Finance and Head of Infrastructure
- Agree annual priorities for corporate services with the Senior Management Team and support the Heads of Service to deliver their roles to meet these priorities
- Ensure that the Resources Directorate is appropriately resourced to deliver annual priorities.
- Work with the Board of Trustees’ Finance Committee, the CEO and the Head of Finance to develop the Charity’s financial strategy
- Create long-term financial plans for the Charity and ensure that designated funds are used to allow effective financial management across financial years
- Work with the Head of People to establish an annual development plan for the people function including recruitment, training, talent management and performance management
- Work with the Head of Infrastructure to establish an annual development plan for the infrastructure function including: IT support, hardware and software procurement, systems and facilities
In order to apply, candidates should demonstrate the following;
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of financial planning; ideally within a third sector organisation
- Experience of service improvement
- Empathy for the Armed Forces Community
This is an exciting time to join. Our culture is collaborative open and hardworking. We are passionate about the work that we do and the opportunity that we have to enable those we support in the Armed Forces community to live fulfilling working lives. With significant forecasted growth there is an excellent opportunity to be a part of this journey.
As an equal opportunities employer, the Forces Employment Charity actively welcomes applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Central London, hybrid working, circa 1 day in the office in London Victoria per week.
For further information, please see our dedicated candidate pack here.
- Deadline for applications – 10th July
- Shortlisting – 25th July
- Interview – 28th July