Senior Finance Manager
Date posted: 22/06/2022
Salary: £52,093 - £58,186 per annum
Reporting into the Associate Director of Finance, you will join a close-knit and friendly organisation where everyone of its 3600 members of staff is valued. The Trust strongly believes that their employees are their greatest asset.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Trust providing integrated NHS services for local people at Croydon University Hospital, Purley War Memorial Hospital, in clinics and people’s homes across the borough of Croydon. As a Trust, they are striving to be at the forefront for how the NHS is trying change – working in partnership with others to join up services for everyone, from the very young to the elderly.
Following a restructure in finance, the newly formed leadership team have developed a fit for purpose team structure which will increase the support clinical divisions are receiving. The restructure has resulted in a number of new posts being created and these will play a significant role in the newly defined objectives of the Trust.
As a Senior Finance Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- To act as the principal financial advisor integrated into the management team of the Corporate / Clinical Directorates to which the postholder is aligned, including making a significant contribution to the business planning and financial monitoring processes.
- To produce a monthly financial position that has integrity, accuracy, analysis and contains all financial information relevant to the directorate, supporting both the Directorate and the Trust in achieving its financial objectives.
- To produce monthly variance analysis for the Directorates so that this can be used to take corrective action where appropriate. Enable them to understand the whole financial picture, including SLR, activity and income information.
- Provide any relevant information to Business Partners, Senior Finance staff and the wider finance team, Budget Holders and Executive Directors to enable the upholding of statutory regulations, Standing Financial Instructions and Budget Holder Guide.
In this front-facing role, you will regularly liaise regularly with senior stakeholders, building rapport, trust and demonstrating your ability to problem solve. You will be capable of holding difficult conversations, often pushing back in a constructive manner. You will deliver a customer focused service, and you will be professional, compassionate, respectful and safe – the Trust’s values.
In order to be immediately effective in the role, applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- CCAB qualified accountant, with significant post qualification experience
- Postgraduate degree level education or equivalent knowledge and skills
- An ability to analyse, compare and interpret highly complex financial data
- Excellent communication, negotiation and strategic influencing skills
- Proficient manipulating and interrogating large databases/datasets using Excel
- An ability to assess workload and manage resources to meet overlapping targets/objectives
- Comfortable working under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Operating effectively at a senior level within the finance function
- Knowledge and understanding of Clinical systems
- A collaborative and proactive approach to work, with an emphasis on team work
- Flexibility in their time management and availability
- An analytical approach to problem solving
In return, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust is offering an outstanding opportunity to learn and develop as a Finance Business Partner in a demanding yet rewarding environment.
For more information on the opportunity, please contact Jack Murphy directly: email@example.com | 07921 335 786.