IM&T Project Manager
Location: Romford, Essex
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 28/06/2022
Duration: 12 months FTC
Salary: £46,000 - £52,000 per annum
Are you ready for that next step in your career? Looking for a new challenge? An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a large, diverse NHS Trust located in East London as an IM&T Project Manager.
Sitting within the Information, Management and Technology team and reporting to the head of IM&T Programmes, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, management and delivery of specific IT projects in accordance with recognised project management methodology.
Are you looking for the opportunity to add to your skills of managing a team’s workload, communication and persuasion to key stakeholders, developing a range of long term strategic plans for performance and service improvement in new areas and across organisations? Then don’t miss this opportunity?
Do you have:
- Degree level, equivalent qualification or equivalent knowledge gained through experience
- Practitioner level PRINCE2 project management qualification.
- Good knowledge of core clinical and non-clinical systems supported by the IM&T Department
- At least 3 years previous experience of managing projects using structured and proven project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering complex IT projects
- Experience of working collaboratively with internal and external agencies
- Track record of successfully prioritising simultaneous activities within time scale and budget.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop products (Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Good supplier negotiation and management skills
- Excellent customer handling skills, including communicating at the customer’s technical level, working with executive customers and managing difficult people
- Manage specific IT projects in accordance with recognised and structured project management methodology.
- Provide, receive and comprehend complex, sensitive and potentially contentious information and present this in a clear unambiguous manner to large groups.
- Communicates complex IM&T and corporate issues to non-IM&T managers; negotiates with external organisations over service issues. e.g system suppliers.
- To use highly developed communication skills to persuade board and senior managers of the importance of the programme/project and to negotiate with and motivate on project delivery and its links with other initiatives.
- Manage and be accountable for the output and workloads of team members.
- Ensure that projects employ appropriate procurement techniques and standards.
- Improve the visibility of projects across the Trust.
- Ensure that data standard and legislative requirements are incorporated into systems development.
- Advise and support user departments in developing feasibility studies, system functional specifications and project plans to appropriate standards.
- Ensure appropriate evaluation techniques are employed in selecting solutions to business requirements.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews of projects to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
- Liaise and work closely with suppliers’ project managers to ensure adherence to project timescales.
- Foster good working relationships with the Key Users in each department and other customer representatives to ensure that the IM&T Department maintains effective connection with its customers.
- Ensure that risks, issues and hazards are being properly identified and managed.
- Ensure that the technical and operational architectures are properly considered in all changes.
- Develop a range of plans /long term strategic plans for performance, service improvement in new areas and across organisations.
- Understand and interpret national guidance for the project/programme.
- Develop policies for implementation of specialist programmes across the organisation or sector.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team and the department through identifying inefficiencies and proposing improved ways of working
- Manage the project team and assist in developing the programme of training required for each project.
- Maintain and update the project/programme records
If you have the specified experience, highlighted above, do not delay in sending through your updated CV for consideration