Lead Network and Security Engineer
Date posted: 30/06/2022
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £300 per day
Are you highly focused with a very specialised and defined skill set? Looking for a new role where you can put your technical skills to good use and make a real difference? An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest Trust’s in the UK who are looking to recruit a Lead Network and Security Engineer.
Sitting within the Data, Technology and Information department and reporting to Network and Security Manager, the Lead Network and Security Engineer will aid in the management, monitoring and operation of infrastructure services of the Trust’s 50 campus buildings, 10+ satellite sites and their future 2 external data centres.
This role provides a great opportunity to work as part of a team on the delivery of information systems and services to the whole organisation to support clinical and business integration.
- Lead in the development of the IT strategy
- Ensure IT governance is executed effectively
- Provide critical running of IT services which are running 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year by working as part of the ON CALL teams.
- Responsible for RCA (Root Cause Analysis) of low to extremely high level of complexity issues
- Troubleshooting extremely high level complex issues across your own and other fields to restore service while keeping calm in high pressure situations.
- Communicating with laymen to other highly skilled IT engineers as well as senior management and senior clinical people to keep them involved for business continuity processes.
- Installation of all new equipment as part of capacity management or project based work.
- Documentation of all new installations – including physical, logical, troubleshooting, knowledge base, support contracts and support escalations
- A willingness to continually learn new skills through training, mentoring, off site training, testing equipment/applications/software and examinations.
- Analyse N&S Infrastructure services KPI’s to make continual improvements to the user (& patient) experience
- Designing the security system
- Provide expert advice to the management team, business and IT Business engagement directly on future planning activities and roadmap of the integration of new technologies in the N&S Infrastructure services arena, including cost analysis
Do you have:
- Specialist knowledge in Networks, Cisco, Checkpoint, Web & Internet filtering, LES circuits
- CCNP in LAN and Wireless
- ITIL Foundation qualification with clear understanding of ITIL framework
- Proficient EUT and Server Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – can explain complex requirements in a clear and concise manner
- Proven experience of Working as part of an On Call team supporting 24*7*365
- Significant experience working in a large organisation as a Senior Network and /or Security Engineer / Wireless Engineer
- Understanding of the backbone infrastructure to the network and security arena
- Significant experience in effectively supporting a large scale, complex IT&T environment
- Experience in producing qualitative work to very aggressive timescales
- Exposure to Service Management Systems
- The Ability to deal confidently with 3rd party suppliers and build effective working relationships.
This advert will close as soon as we have reached a certain amount of applications. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. If you have the specified experience highlighted above, do not delay in sending through your updated CV for consideration.