IT Services Lead
Sector: Central Government
Location: London, Durham, Lytham or Glasgow
Date posted: 05/07/2022
Duration: 1 year FTC
Salary: £40,000 - £43,000 per annum
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with 25 million customers and more than £202 billion invested. They are both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Their origins can be traced back over 150 years to 1861. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for a IT Service Manager or IT Service Lead to gain experience in a small organisation with a huge reach, going through a large transformation.
NS&I is currently undergoing a major transformation of its IT estate, to move from a single outsourced supplier to a multi-supplier IT model. You will be involved in the shaping of the new service management framework, helping to develop new SLAs, OLAs, KPIs and other measures to ensure the future state NS&I IT services run smoothly and effectively to support our customers. You will help shape the new reporting regime, identifying and implementing new and innovative ways of presenting data captured from across the supplier estate to inform senior stakeholders of the health of NS&I’s systems and to help shape future changes and improvements.
In addition, you will perform an assurance role of BAU IT changes provided by the current supplier as we transition to our new future state, ensuring they are fit for purpose and deliver the business requirements as stated.
Essential skills required:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in IT service management.
- Experience of working in or with outsourcing organisations from a client or service provider.
- Extensive Knowledge and experience of IT Service Management best practices including SLA development and Service Reporting within an outsourced environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL
Civil Service behaviours you will be assessed on if invited to interview:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Changing and Improving
They offer a range of benefits to include flexible working, great opportunities for development and a generous pension scheme. They care for colleagues, respect one another, invest in their people and manage talent effectively.
Some benefits of working at NS&I include:
- Generous and tailored L&D offering
- Hybrid working (2 days a week in the office)
- Two contributory pension schemes (Alpha & Partnership Pension)
- 9 day fortnight scheme
- Generous annual leave – starting at 25 days, increasing to 30 days
Locations: The successful candidate can be based at any of the NS&I offices: London, Durham, Lytham or Glasgow.
The London salary is £43,000. All other locations are £40,000.
For representation in applying, please email your CV or reach out to Emily Farrow at firstname.lastname@example.org