Assistant Private Secretary
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 06/07/2022
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
The Assistant Private Secretary is a critical and highly rewarding role within the Chief Executive’s office. The APS will help to ensure the smooth running of the CEO’s office, working closely with the Private Secretary to the Chief Exec. The role is wide ranging and will require the jobholder to work flexibly and at pace. The role has assumed an increased importance as a result of the on-going increase in the scope and activities of the organisation and the array of issues that require senior management attention and completion to tight schedules. The role has proved invaluable in supporting the huge array of issues that feed into the CEO’s office and which require close attention and monitoring.
The main responsibilities for this include, but are not limited to:
- Providing full Private Secretary support and advice to the Senior Management Team, managing a wide variety of issues and actively distilling and tailoring information for the Senior Team
- Providing analytical support on an array of organisation-related issues to the Senior Management Team
- Leading a variety of critical project which support the core objectives of the organisation
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with senior stakeholders, both within the organisation and externally
- Supporting the administrative requirement of the organisation’s Board
- Supporting the Private Secretary in the smooth running of the CEO’s office
- Acting as cover the Private Secretary during absences
The role is very active and requires analytical, problem-solving, organizational, strategic thinking, project planning and communication skills. As a great deal of sensitive information is processed by the CEO’s office and Board members, it also requires the jobholder to observe the highest levels of confidentiality and possess the personal characteristics to operate with the utmost integrity and discretion.
If this role is of interest, the role is available to apply for until the deadline of midnight on the 15th July, with early applications encouraged. Any further questions about the role or the application, please direct them towards Joe Tyrrell at Allen Lane Recruitment.