Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 06/07/2022
Salary: £69,367 - £93,175 per annum
Are you a proactive and driven Solutions Architect seeking a rewarding role in a long term transformation programme?
The National Audit Office (NAO) supports Parliament to hold the government to account for the way public services are delivered. Their primary role is to scrutinise public spending for Parliament.
The National Audit Office has a transformation programme to deliver organisational change through the implementation and adoption of revised methodology, processes and tools for Financial Audit within the NAO. The programme is called the Audit Transformation Programme (ATP) and this Solutions Architect will play a vital role in the successful delivery of an integrated solution involving multiple Off-The-Shelf products alongside development and configuration of existing technology platforms.
The Solution Architect is responsible for:
- Designing innovative end-to-end solution designs, delivering against business strategy and requirements. Converting detailed requirements and user journeys into appropriate solution architectures and designs for the NAO’s prime service line
- Assisting delivery teams to ensure alignment with overall solution and technical architecture
- Supporting the assessment of new product and solution decisions, including risk identification
- Ensuring solution designs align with existing digital plans and relevant industry, technology, and corporate policies (e.g. information security)
- Making sure solutions integrate with other systems and platforms in use as appropriate
- Ensuring appropriate documentation (including roadmaps) are in place to support the delivery and implementation of the solution, as well as future projects.
- Supporting creation of architecture and solution design guidelines, and delivery of projects within those guidelines.
- Working closely with other NAO Architects (Business, Data & Information, Cloud, Digital and Solution) to ensure that the NAO’s ongoing digital transformation remains at the forefront of public sector digital development
- Participating as a subject matter expert for internal working groups as requested
- Significant experience providing solution architecture services across the full project and/or programme lifecycle. Experience involving complex, multi-supplier environments, including the design and delivery of integration between different 3rd party vendors alongside internally built applications.
- Delivery – Proven track record working with technical teams on design and implementation of innovative cloud solutions. Good experience of analysis, diagnosing, designing, planning, executing and evaluating cloud solutions to time, cost and quality targets. Aligned with experience of defining, monitoring and measuring benefits realisation. Experience of working on several projects simultaneously while meeting stated quality objectives.
- Experience as a solution architect in cloud solutions using our strategic platforms, Microsoft (365 and Azure) and Salesforce, is preferred with the ability to pick up new technologies and assess situations quickly.
- Management & communications. Excellent communication skills that are adaptable depending on the audience with the added benefit of creating effective collaboration across teams. Able to be the point of contact for stakeholders with the capability to manage expectations and facilitate across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales. Proven ability to create or tailor new ways of working and innovation, influence outcomes and gain buy-in for new initiatives.
- Expertise of working in/with teams using Agile methodologies and frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, Lean). Team player who has facilitated knowledge sharing and collaborative working in multi-disciplinary teams. Experience in engaging with teams using DevOps tooling, preferably Azure DevOps.
Key Behaviours and attributes:
- Communication skills.
- Making and guiding decisions.
- Turning business problems into solution design.
- Strategic thinker.
- Making a process work.
- Understanding the whole context.
Location: London Victoria / hybrid 1 to 2 days a week in the office