Co-team Lead: Income Management and Corporate Planning Lead
Sector: Central Government
Location: Hybrid – Peterborough or Aberdeen
Date posted: 06/07/2022
Salary: £46,246 per annum*
The JNCC is a stimulating and inspiring organisation, offering challenging work which really makes a difference, as well as the opportunity to progress your career.
The JNCC is passionate about conservation and making a difference to the world we live in, and they offer a very flexible, inclusive and welcoming culture. They are a small, but complex organisation with a multi-disciplinary staff covering a broad range of work for multiple stakeholders and funded through multiple funding streams. The post holder will work as a co-team leader within the Finance and Planning section and report to the Director of Finance and Resources. The focus of the role is to be the organisation’s lead on financial planning and budgeting including effective management of income in year, and over the medium term along with oversight and coordination of project planning and project assurance functions.
- Planning for and delivering annual business planning processes to prepare balanced budgets in line with JNCC’s medium term financial plan;
- Working with the Head of Organisational Development and Chief Scientist to develop and maintain project and programme management skills in JNCC to ensure delivery whilst managing financial risks through appropriate project assurance processes and documentation;
- Working across the Finance and Planning Team to manage all aspects of JNCC’s income, preparing and reviewing income forecasts for current and future years and managing income pipelines;
- Maintaining JNCC’s costing model for business planning and chargeable services. Liaising with stakeholders in Defra and other organisations to ensure income is billed and collected correctly;
- Overseeing procurement activities to ensure they are scheduled to support business requirements while managing workloads and controlling risks with tendering and contract management procedures;
- Ensuring that training and guidance for the areas included within the role are up to date and delivered in a way that is appropriate to the audience;
- Working with the Finance and Planning Leadership Team to ensure coherent and well planned management of the team, including building flexibility to respond to work pressures for month and year end, and in production of audit schedules.
To be suitable for the role you need to be a qualified or part-qualified accountant, with direct relevant experience for candidates who are not. JNCC offer a flexible hybrid working environment, with approximately 2 days a month in the office (Peterborough or Aberdeen). They are committed to understanding, respecting, and representing as broad a range of views and backgrounds as we have in UK society. Our inclusive culture, where our people feel valued and have a voice, is part of what makes JNCC brilliant. We value difference and diversity because it helps us be more innovative and make better decisions. We are committed to ensuring that every talented, hard-working person has the opportunity to rise to the top.
*plus a possible £4000 depending on experience.
If you think you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm for this role and would like more information or the chance to apply, please contact Stephanie Robinson at Allen Lane on 07921 336 641 / email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th July 2022.