Co-Team Lead: Operational and Financial Accounting
Sector: Central Government
Location: Hybrid – Peterborough or Aberdeen
Date posted: 06/07/2022
Salary: £46,246 per annum*
The JNCC is a stimulating and inspiring organisation, offering challenging work which really makes a difference, as well as the opportunity to progress your career.
The JNCC is passionate about conservation and making a difference to the world we live in, and they offer a very flexible, inclusive and welcoming culture. They are a small, but complex organisation with a multi-disciplinary staff covering a broad range of work for multiple stakeholders and funded through multiple funding streams. The post holder will work as a co-team leader within the Finance and Planning section and report to the Director of Finance and Resources. The focus of the role is to be the organisation’s lead on financial planning and reporting, leading a team to provide a wide range of services to the organisation, including budgeting, reporting and accounting, financial analysis, advice and training, procurement, payments and receipts and managing the relationship with the external audit.
- Overseeing production of JNCC’s annual report and accounts, leading with external auditors on interim and final audit, ensuring these are prepared to the required standard and laid to timetable before UK and Scottish Governments;
- Working closely with the co-team lead to prepare annual budgets and to advise on in-year adjustments based on accurate and timely forecasts for income and expenditure;
- Overseeing processes to prepare reliable, timely and insightful financial reports to JNCC’s senior management team and programme boards;
- Providing advice to ensure JNCC can flex it’s resources effectively to best deliver its objectives while operating within the financial policy framework and other specific requirements set by government;
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of JNCC’s financial policies, procedures, controls and systems;
- Take the lead in managing the relationship with JNCC’s internal and external auditors and ensure that the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee is supported effectively;
- Line management of two senior staff in the Finance and Management Team.
To be suitable for the role you need to be a qualified or part-qualified accountant, with direct relevant experience for candidates who are not. JNCC offer a flexible hybrid working environment, with approximately 2 days a month in the office (Peterborough or Aberdeen). They are committed to understanding, respecting, and representing as broad a range of views and backgrounds as we have in UK society. Our inclusive culture, where our people feel valued and have a voice, is part of what makes JNCC brilliant. We value difference and diversity because it helps us be more innovative and make better decisions. We are committed to ensuring that every talented, hard-working person has the opportunity to rise to the top.
*plus a possible £4000 depending on experience.
If you think you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm for this role and would like more information or the chance to apply, please contact Stephanie Robinson at Allen Lane on 07921 336 641 / firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th July 2022.