Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Date posted: 15/07/2022
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £344 per day
Are you highly focused with a very specialised and technically defined skill set and a passion for learning about new and emerging technology? Looking for a new role where you can put your technical skills to good use and make a real difference? An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest Trust’s in the UK who are looking to recruit a Lead Infrastructure Engineer.
Sitting within the Essentia Technology department and reporting to Infrastructure Systems Manager, the Lead Infrastructure Engineerwill be accountable for managing and maintain an effective quality of service for a variety of highly complex technical platforms that support the IT infrastructure and Trust wide applications.
This role will provide you with great experience and opportunity of analysing the root cause issues for highly complex infrastructure problems in order to develop technical solutions and lead a number of service change projects.
- Responsible for effective management and facilitation of Incident, Problem, Change and Service Transition for the Infrastructure platform aligned to the ITIL Framework
- Responsible for processes and procedures for their Infrastructure services
- Performance & Service Reporting for Infrastructure
- Continually reviewing, improving and delivering Infrastructure with a focus on Authentication and Access Management services within the Service Catalogue
- Operational management of servers and storage diagnostic system management.
- Advising management team’s on roadmap for Infrastructure improvements, including cost analysis
- Developing, maintaining and implementing Infrastructure related Standard Operating Procedures
- Collaborate and engage with key suppliers, to ensure that their support delivered meets agreed standards, and negotiate as and where required when maintenance renewals
- Maintaining highly complex operating systems and hardware equipment – performing break fix support on live infrastructure and platforms
- Taking part in the IT On Call rota, which is essential to support the needs of the business
- Developing parallel services which require planning of multiple platforms, testing, installation and implementations
Do you have:
- Expert knowledge, skills and appropriate certification within the Server field
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Proven knowledge and technical skills / certification in the following areas:
- Active Directory 2012 R2 or greater
- Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 including the core OS components, roles, and features
- Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP
- Exchange 2010 or higher
- Significant experience as an Infrastructure Engineer in a large highly complex organisation
- Experience in the management of commercial enterprise systems that are hosted on the server platform
- Exposure to Service Management Systems
- Significant experience of interpreting business requirements and considering the impact on IT services.
- The ability to deal confidently with 3rd party suppliers and build effective working relationships
- Previous line management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This advert will close as soon as we have reached a certain amount of applications. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. If you have the specified experience highlighted above, do not delay in sending through your updated CV for consideration.