Data Warehouse Manager
Date posted: 04/03/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £300 per day (Inside IR35)
The post holder will need to NHS data warehouse experience and capabilities of DBA to:
- Maintain day to day loading of EPR and RiO data extracts
- Support the safe and efficient migration of existing active tables/databases to designated server.
- Should have experience to understand and develop assurance for daily loads as well as for any new requirements.
- Evaluate the testing of CDS 6.2 to be implemented in PROD.
- Review and maintain the required reference tables.
Other skills required
- Managing deliverables with a phased project management approach;
- To identify risks and provide mitigations and undertake risk assessment;
- To manage the complex data warehousing elements as part of server migration in coordination with our clinical information service team and the I.T department;
- To work closely with database users to review efficacy of the system.
- To attend weekly meetings to identify issues and development of existing functionality.
- To initiate software performance reviews as necessary and liaise with supplier management.
- Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL Integration and Reporting Services. Knowledge of SQL Analysis Services would be good to have but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Database Maintenance tasks such as:
- Log file management
- Design database Backup and Restoration Strategy.
- Inspection of SQL Logs as required.
- Monitor Disk Space.
- Inspect SQL Agent Jobs to ensure they are successfully running, resolve any errors if required.
- Familiar with Security features i.e. creating users and amending permissions
- Ensure all Linked Server connections are working appropriately.
- Monitoring and Performance Tuning