Finance Business Partner
Date posted: 01/03/2019
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £280 - £330 per day
An internationally respected higher education institution in the heart of Central London is working with Allen Lane to recruit a Financial Business Partner on an interim basis.
Joining this determined organisation in a key financial post will involve working closely with the Head of Finance to produce consolidated management accounts inside the given deadlines whilst also advising budget holders on financial matters for an initial 6 month period.
Other key duties of this role include:
- Manage the annual budgeting process, including; reforecasts and providing support for budget holders as required.
- Lead budget holder meetings and assist with the strategic forward planning of the institute.
- Provide accurate monthly management account information with an emphasis on variance analysis to aid senior managers and directors.
- Continuously improve the budgeting and reporting processes.
- Handling the organisations VAT returns.
- Provide the highest quality advice and support to internal decision makers by providing clear and concise business and costing analysis.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors whilst also building relationships with other external organisations where necessary.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance Business Partners as and when required.
Key person specification:
- Experience at working within a higher education institution is crucial.
- Fully qualified CCAB account.
- Confidence to lead in crucial budget holder meetings and to communicate any potential strategic plans for the financial future of the institute.
- High levels of IT skills including; business objects, knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially Excel.
- Excellent organisational and management skills, with an ability to work to specific deadlines.
- Must have prior experience working as a Finance Business Partner in a large or complex organisation.
- Adaptability and flexible with a particular willingness to learn new skills and participate in relevant training and staff development opportunities.
You must be available to start by the 1st April.
If you can display the above aptitudes and characteristics we would like to hear from you. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.