Information Governance Manager
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 14/03/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £500 per day (Inside IR35)
Allen Lane are seeking an Information Governance Manager to lead the establishment and management of a Centre of Excellence for information and data at a large council based in East London. This role will be responsible for implementing the Council’s data and information management strategies, establishing robust governance and ensuring relevant, compliant and best practice approaches to information and data management are deployed across the entire organisation and all related transformation projects.
They are hoping to undergo significant transformation across all aspects of governance, data protection, security and records management over the next 6 months so this is an exciting opportunity to spearhead that.
- To provide leadership and advocacy on all information and data matters
- Lead the delivery of the organisation-wide data and information strategy to support the achievement of corporate objectives.
- Lead the delivery then continuous improvement of data and information governance, including improving the management of assets
- Lead discovery work and other activity throughout the business to drive and support business information and data improvement and management initiatives, especially but not exclusively related to CRM and SharePoint platform deployments
- Manage information and data-related projects, utilising a variety of research, enquiry and group facilitation techniques, to establish a clear understanding of business and change opportunities, requirements and risks
- Drive data and information analysis, insights and tools to inform the Council’s value proposition and Information Policy while complying with agreed frameworks and standards
- Providing subject matter expertise and support to teams in executing their information and data process initiatives, including development and delivery of user-friendly materials, tools and communications
- Experience of analysing, documenting and advising on Information Management current state and best practice in complex organisations.
- In-depth knowledge of Information Management theory, lifecycles, maturity models and data protection law
- Experience of forming strategies and programme plans around Information Management and Information Governance
- In-depth knowledge of the technology capabilities needed to implement effective information management in an organisation.