Transformation Business Analyst
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 14/03/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £450 - £500 per day
Allen Lane are partnered with a London based Local Authority who will soon be undertaking an exercise to explore insourcing their IT department from a current external supplier. This exercise will affect multiple services across the council so they are seeking a Business Analyst to conduct process reviews and stakeholder engagament in preparation for a efficient transition.
The skills/experience needed for this position is:
- A business analyst to review / transform a portfolio of internal support services.
- The business analyst should be experienced at undertaking detailed process reviews using recognised methodologies / tools.
- Ability to implement and embed the Council’s future vision and blueprint for core support services.
- Extensive senior level change management experience of Local Government and the redesign / implementation of ‘best in class’ core support services.
- Understanding of alternative service delivery models and opportunities for commercialisation.
- Understanding of the broader support services market place.
- Redesign of services to deliver efficiency savings by 20/21 and beyond.
- Solid experience of one of the following services: HR, Finance, Revs & Benefits, Transaction processing centres, Procurement / Commissioning, Customer Services / HelpDesk, Corporate Governance / Democratic Services.
- Demonstrable experience of evaluating different operating models for support services and developing / implementing business cases.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and proficient in MS Office, especially MS Vision
It is important in this instance that candidates have previously worked on an IT In-Sourcing project or have been part of an IT Restructure or TUPE before.