Financial Planning & P2P Manager
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 22/03/2019
Salary: £31,494 - £46,464 per annum*
DExEU is the department tasked with delivering on the historic decision of the British people to leave the EU. We’re committed to delivering Brexit and building a successful future for our country outside the EU. Could you play a role in this unique and crucial work?
For us, it’s not just about what we do – it’s how we do it. We’re a small, exhilarating department focused on policy development and delivery. We offer Civil Servants early exposure to Ministers and senior officials; opportunities to develop critical expertise in the UK’s relationship with the EU; and tailored staff development opportunities that are second to none.
The Corporate Centre sits at the heart of DExEU and provides the operational support for the rest of the Department, covering Security, IT, Estates, Corporate Strategy, Finance and HR.
The Finance team sits within the Corporate Centre and provides the full range of finance services for the Department. The team is responsible for delivery of a number of activities including management of the Department’s Estimates and Budgets, Annual Report and Accounts, Finance Business Partners, Systems and Process Improvement and Management Information
This role is responsible for managing the P2P process within the Department and assisting with the Financial Planning. This is a broad role, with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, but offers the opportunity to shape policy and processes within the Department.
- Management of the P2P Process. This will include, but not limited to:
- Reviewing current P2P procedures and structures to identify risks and weaknesses
- Designing, building and implementing a new P2P process
- Engaging with the business to deliver the new process and to support the resolution of issues such as receipting, invoices-on-hold and GRNI
- Regular data cleansing
- Responding to audit queries relating to P2P
- Supporting the G7 on the Estimates process for the Department (Mains and Supplementary) and OSCAR reporting.
- Leading on key reporting requirements, such as Transparency (£25k and GPC)
- Responsibility for the ePCS and expenses processes including compliance monitoring
- Oversight of team members, by way of work task management
*Plus Accountancy Allowance (£1500 part-qualified / £3000 Qualified)