Category Manager (Construction)
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 25/03/2019
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary: c.£500 per day
Our client is a public sector organisation who has a real focus on commercial activity and has a high calibre procurement team. Due to their growth and ambition, they are seeking a Category Manager to work on major projects/programmes within the redevelopment area.
- Reporting to the Head of Category Manager you will be instrumental in the delivery on major construction projects and programmes
- Identify Category Strategies within the procurement team
- Deliver procurement category strategy, including sourcing activities to generate benefits and savings
- Identify category strategies for areas to be addressed within the specific procurement plan and agree the strategy with relevant internal customers and stakeholders.
- Maximise the use of funds by identifying best practice and leveraging spend within the organisation for the procurement categories managed.
- Establish and lead cross-functional teams to manage the development and implementation of the procurement category strategy.
- Deliver the procurement category strategy, including sourcing activities which generate benefits and achieve financial savings targets through insight and analysis of category and sub categories areas.
- MCIPS or currently studying
- Degree or equivalent
- Category Management experience gained within a Construction/Housing context
- Extensive procurement experience within the public sector
- Operated at a strategic level, with a strong track record of success in delivering financial savings.
- Experience of managing a cross functional project team and/or function
- Detailed knowledge of procurement legislation, bid tendering, contract management and supplier management.
- Strong working knowledge of Public Sector processes.
- Ability to analyse both financial and non financial information, understand the business context and extract key facts to deliver improvement and opportunities.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of EU Procurement Law.