Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 27/03/2019
Salary: £350 - £400 per day
Allen Lane is currently working with a London local authority to recruit a Treasury Accountant to take responsibility for managing the Council’s debt and investment portfolios. Allen Lane are currently working with a London local authority to recruit a Treasury Accountant to take responsibility for managing the Council’s debt and investment portfolios.
You will also report to the committee on a quarterly basis and take responsibility for closing the treasury accounts. Previous experience working with treasury accounts within a local authority setting is a must.
Key objectives will include:
- To ensure security of the Council’s investments and secure the best rates of interest after that primary goal is met
- To understand the financial environment and its impact on the Council’s treasury activities
- To understand the Council’s debt requirements and advise senior officers on how to finance borrowing requirements
- To understand and analyse the Council’s balance sheet position and use this to inform the treasury position
- To be responsible for the control environment of the treasury function and financial reporting for the treasury management function
- To support the Head of Treasury and Financial Transactions with the strategy for treasury management
- To provide advice on leasing, private finance initiative and other financing routes
This will be a quick start so if you have the required skills for this position and are looking for a new challenge then please apply. Please note that due to the urgent time frames on this post applications will be reviewed prior to closing date and as such immediate application is recommended.