Finance Business Partner
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 01/04/2019
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £200 per day
Allen Lane is working with a further education institution in West London. This organisation is recruiting a Financial Business Partner initially on an interim basis with the chance of becoming a permanent employee.
Joining this ambitious organisation in a key financial post will involve working closely with the Senior Management Accountant to produce consolidated management accounts inside the given deadlines for an initial 6 month period. As the interim you will be covering a vacant permanent post and have the opportunity to permanently fill the position after the initial contract finishes.
Other key duties of this role include:
- To produce accurate and timely consolidated management accounts.
- Advice budget holders on routine accounting matters as required.
- Assist the Senior Management Accountant in a range of duties, including; budgeting, year end accounts and forecasting.
- Handling the organisations VAT returns.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors when required.
- Maintain the nominal ledger to ensure all transactions are correct whilst insuring that the establishment complies within their financial regulations.
- To produce monthly payroll journal and prepare payments of deductions.
Key person specification:
- Part qualified accountant.
- High levels of IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially Excel.
- Excellent organisational and management skills, with an ability to work to specific deadlines.
- Experienced at audit preparation and management accountancy tasks.
- Adaptability and flexible with a particular willingness to learn new skills and participate in relevant training and staff development opportunities.
You must be available to start by the 29th April.
If you feel that you posses the skills and the experienced we’re looking for then we would like for you to send us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.