Human Resources Manager
Sector: Local Government
Location: South East
Date posted: 01/04/2019
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £250 per day
Allen Lane is working with a globally respected higher education institution that is developing an exciting new project, altering the traditional form of recruitment that educational institutes currently follow. Allen Lane is working with a globally respected higher education institution that is developing an exciting new project, altering the traditional form of recruitment that educational institutes currently follow.
Joining this determined organisation in a key post will involve working closely with the Head of Human Resources Business Improvement and Systems, whilst also being the direct line manager for a Human Resources Project Advisor throughout the initial 6 month period.
Other key duties of this role include:
- Policy and process development, including; reviewing current legislation surrounding employment legislation, producing terms and conditions documents, policies and procedures for the project and ensure the system’s design meets all legislative and good practice requirements (UKVI and Vetting and Barring)
- Lead on the design, production and delivery of documentation required for the project, such as; detailed user friendly work instructions, design documents, process maps and reports for a range of committees and purposes.
- Liaise with multiple senior stakeholders, to develop and maintain key relationships for the successful completion of the project whilst also leading workshops and testing groups.
- Manage a Human Resources project team member undertaking performance reviews and providing support and advice.
Key person specification;
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent.
- CIPD qualified to level 7.
- Experience at working within a higher education institution is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with an ability to work to specific deadlines.
- Must have prior experience managing a wide range of projects through to completion using extensive Human Resources knowledge and experience.
- Significant proven experience of leading on the design, production and implementation of a wide range of documentation including reports, minutes, design documents, process maps.
- Significant proven experience of applying employment legislation and best Human Resources practice knowledge in a busy working environment.
You must be available to start by the 22nd April.
If you feel that you posses the skills and the experienced we’re looking for then we would like for you to send us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.