Interim Contracts Manager
Location: East of England
Date posted: 01/04/2019
Duration: 4 - 6 months
Salary: £350 - £400 per day (Inside IR35)
My client is a CCG based in the midlands, who is responsible for commissioning the healthcare services for hundreds of thousands of patients in its locality. The contracting team at this CCG has changed drastically over the last 18 months or so and they are looking to support this change with some additional interim support to help lead on and manage a portfolio of Acute and/or Community Contracts.
With a focus around ICS and working more collaboratively, this is the chance to join and organisation with good relationships with its fellow local commissioners and drive change across the STP.
Your duties will include:
- Work with colleagues to help monitor and report on Acute and Community contracts for the CCG
- To develop effective commissioning relationships with providers
- Manage performance of the contract portfolio aligned to this role
- Lead in negotiations for contracts on behalf of the CCG
- Management of financial/quality/performance risk related to acute contract delivery
The successful candidate will have previous commissioning experience within contracts, ideally having worked with either Acute or Community Contracts before. The role will require excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management, as you will spend a lot of time working with your providers to address contract queries. You will have an excellent understanding of the NHS Standard Contract and have a proactive approach to relationship building and problem solving.