Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 01/04/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £400 per day
Allen Lane is recruiting an interim Senior Accountant for a high profile local authority based in central London.
This interim role will run for up to 6 months and you will join a busy finance team embarking on a significant restructure.
You will support the Head of Housing Financial Investment and Strategy and the management team of the Growth & Place department in the appraisal, financial monitoring and reporting of HRA capital and HRA/General Fund Regeneration schemes.
The person will have the following knowledge, qualities and skills:
- A track record of good working relationships
- Knowledge of the HRA and experience in Business Planning/ financial modelling for the HRA. This is something I would want to test as part of the assessment.
- Experience in providing financial support to and modelling of large scale Regeneration projects (both housing and non-housing).
- CIPFA accounting regulations
- Capital accounting
- Grant funded capital projects delivered by third parties (e.g. Housing Association) but funded by council
- Project reporting
- Financial evaluation of tender bids
If you can display the above aptitudes and characteristics we would love to hear from you. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing date and as such immediate application is recommended.