Finance Business Partner
Date posted: 03/04/2019
Salary: c.£40,000 per annum
The role of the Finance Business Partner is to support the organisation in the preparation of management accounts, management reports, variance analysis, to monitor spend against agreed budgets and all other relevant reporting requirements to meet financial and organisational deadlines. The role will also be required to business partner with our community services departments (Care Homes, Housing, Home Care and Day Centres) to support the development of sustainable service models based on current activity and also our future requirements in light of new developments and a challenging external environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the day to day operation and preparation of management accounts, variance analysis, forecasts, budgets for nominated companies and projects in the Jewish Care Group in a timely manner to agreed standards.
- Supporting and business partner the community service departments in the development of sustainable business models for current operations and also future developments in light of the ever changing environment with new models of care delivery, the impact of care plans and rostering systems and challenges from the external environment.
- Supporting the information needs of departmental Directors and Managers in the Group and to develop such reports to meet these needs ensuring that Management receive these in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Annual Budget, the preparation of Business Reviews and Business Plans where relevant in a timely manner and to agreed standards.
- Assisting the organisation and other departments with tender processes and contract negotiations where relevant.
- Providing support to the key finance functions of purchase ledger, sales ledger, cashiers and the property function as required to agreed standards.
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts is to be provided, to maintain all financial records to ensure financial compliance and assist in the preparation of information for audit files and liaison with our auditors for the year end audit in a timely manner and to agreed standards.
- Liaising with non-financial unit managers and provide financial advice, budget analysis and information in order to assist them in their decision making. Ensure good relations and communications with all members of the team and all others responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers and provide excellent customer service.
What you’ll need:
- Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant.
- Have a minimum of 2 years current relevant experience.
- Exoerience of Excel, Agresso, Outlook, Word.
- Good analytical skills including the use of spreadsheets and other financial and management software tools.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines with a pragmatic approach towards achievement of goals and resolution of problems.
- Have excellent organisational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Can demonstrate ability to use initiative appropriately and work independently without direct supervision.
- Have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and able to work in a pressurised environment.
- The ability to build supportive, trusting relationships with others and build confidence with senior members of the organisation illustrating that the function can be performed effectively and efficiently.
- Be able to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders both internal and external.
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as in a team.
- Be able to take responsibility for their own development, willing to attend appropriate training.
- A commitment to team working and delivering a high quality, flexible and responsive service
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to BryonyFeeney@allenlane.co.uk, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please don’t hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney at Allen Lane on 0203 5428393.