Finance Business Partner
Date posted: 05/04/2019
Salary: Band 8B £59,083 - £67,760 per annum*
The Royal Marsden is a focused and motivated NHS Foundation Trust. A world-leading cancer centre specialising in cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and education. Their two hospitals in Kensington and Sutton improve the lives of 50,000 cancer patients each year and the mission is simple; to cure more people and improve the quality of life for those living with cancer. With over 3,900 employees, £428m income and an unrivalled reputation for its patient care, the Marsden is making an impact. This is an important appointment and offers the chance to directly affect the Trust’s on-going progress.
Due to a recent internal promotion, this Finance Business Partner opportunity has arisen. This position reports to the Head of Financial Management and has four people in their team; one Finance Manager, two Assistant Finance Managers and one Management Accountant.
You will be acting as a Business Adviser, providing expert financial, commercial and strategic advice to directorates and the wider Trust.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and production of the Annual Financial Plan for the divisions
- Supporting the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of Business Cases that further the strategic objectives of the division
- Developing financial strategies for the divisions that enable the Trust to meet its objectives
- Assisting the divisions in the negotiation of contracts for the provision and procurment of services
- Providing positive support as well as robust challenge when working with stakeholders
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a range of clinical and corporate directorates, gaining a great understanding of the Trust as a whole and making a real impact. You will be joining a collaborative, hard working and inclusive finance department who encourage development and high standards.
The ideal person for this role will be organised, passionate about making an impact and have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. The role requires a well educated, CCAB qualified accountant who comes from either the NHS, wider public sector or from practice.
Rewards and benefits:
- Generous pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing incentives such as discounted gym membership and weekly yoga sessions
- Season ticket loan
- Free transfers between South Kensington and Sutton
- Staff achievements awards
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane.