Date posted: 15/04/2019
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 per annum
Allen Lane is recruiting a Financial Accountant for a prominent higher education organisation situated in the heart of Central London for a short term contract.
The Senior Financial Accountant of the organisation will be working alongside this integral financial accounting role in order to guide and assist the Financial Accountant where needed. The successful candidate will be employed to assist the Finance Department whilst the organisation goes through year-end processes.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Assisting the preparation of the consolidated financial statements.
- A significant cleansing exercise of the fixed asset register and disposal of assets that are no longer in use.
- Produce accurate and comprehensive financial reports to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Assist projects to improve the organisation when required.
- Monitor the balance sheets, ensuring that there is sufficient funding for projects and advice the organisation’s stakeholders.
- Follow up work from the audit findings report.
- Assist with the corporation tax returns, PAYE settlements and the preparation of P11d’s when needed.
Key person specification:
- Qualified or part-qualified CCAB accountant.
- Previous experience working in the public sector with a good track record in financial accounting.
- Good communication abilities to be able to summarise financial information clearly too non finance trained staff while establishing credibility with other finance professionals, directors, management teams and other key stakeholders.
- Acts strategically and innovate to come up creative solutions whilst having the confidence to propose new ideas and take risks when necessary.
- Strong IT skills with excellent analytical and Excel skills. Knowledge of Sun Systems/Q&A (Vision) or similar would be an advantage although not essential.
You must be available to start by the 28th January.
If this specification describes you then we would appreciate sending us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.